SAP for Utilities: Business Benefits
SAP for Utilities delivers new efficiencies in business processes, customer relationships, and partnerships. Giving you the following business benefits:
- Efficient and automated back-office processes - Designed to support mass processing of consumption and customer-related financial data, SAP for Utilities solutions integrate customer service with finance, and enable compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Streamlined collaborative services and deregulation processes - SAP for Utilities solutions provide efficient and automated exchange of data with market participants, enabling supplier switching as well as payment and settlement processes.
- Solidified risk management - The solutions support efficient load-schedule management, forecasting, and management of high-volume interval data. They also integrate information and processes from portfolio management, energy trading, and risk management.
- Improved customer relationship management - The solutions deliver personalized services and provide up-to-the minute information about interaction history, technical environment, and account status. They also support the offering of new products and bundled services, and provide effective tools for designing and executing marketing campaigns.
- Increased asset usage and reliability - SAP for Utilities solutions help you manage assets by integrating information and processes from finance, procurement, maintenance, operational safety, and workforce management.
- Optimized procurement - The solution set helps you streamline procurement and revision processes, leading to reduced material inventory and efficient collaboration with contractors and suppliers.
- Effective corporate governance and regulatory compliance - Online controls for auditors and support for whistle blowers enable you to address legal requirements, reduce the risk of noncompliance, and improve corporate governance.
- Reduced total cost of ownership - With SAP for Utilities, you can integrate SAP solutions, legacy systems, and best-of-breed applications, including plant and geographic information systems, outage management systems, and automated meter-reading systems.